Terms & Conditions
The Conscious Group Ltd.
Kemp House, 160 City Road
London, United Kingdom
Please read these terms and conditions and the FAQ carefully. Participation in the internship program indicates that you accept these terms and conditions
a person or group that uses the professional advice or services of an agency.
contract between employer and employee.
company that assists students in finding a suitable internship
company where internship will take place.
‘Code of Conduct’
a set of conventional principles and expectations that are considered binding on any person who is a member of a particular group.
written statement concerning a person’s health.
the service that MyUKI offers as an option to all candidates whereby they can be connected with host organisations for internships to be carried out at no cost, where an Intern will be fully responsible for their own costs i.e accommodation, living costs, meals etc...
the service that MyUKI offers as an option to all candidates whereby they can be connected with host organisations for an internship at no cost, where an Intern will be liable to pay for the service of assistance with either (or all of but not limited to):
(i) CV writing/translating/adapting assistance
(ii) Assistance in securing accommodation, meals and a stipend with the host organisation
(iii) Assistance in arranging airport transport
(iv) Ensuring in securing an Internship Confirmation
(v) Mentorship & advice on internship, training, transport, visas etc…
General Terms & Conditions
The mediating company, hereafter called MyUKI
1. General Terms & Conditions
1.1 All clients must have medical insurance and public liability insurance. This is the full responsibility of the client.
1.2 All clients must have a sufficient English level to participate on the Program.
1.4 The client is responsible for all of his or her acts along with any loss or damage resulting from those acts while on the Program.
1.5 The client agrees with communication, invoice and automatic reminders per email.
2. An Internship offer
2.1 An 'Internship offer' means an offer of an internship with a business or other legal entity for a designated period of time;
2.2 The Internship does not constitute as an Employment Agreement or any offer of employment with either MyUKI, or the Host Company.
2.3 MyUKI does not guarantee the location or business for any Internship Offer.
2.4 The search for a suitable internship according to your requirements will be carried out up to three times. When there is no match after communication between the student and three companies, no further placement procedure will be carried out.
2.5 When the first internship is found, this can be refused by the student based on a valid reason, article 7.9, which will be explained to MyUKI; then, a second internship is to be searched.
2.6 The search for an internship takes place on location and occurs based on educational requirements and the concerning branch of study. Requirements should be notified in advance in the screening process that MyUKI will conduct.
2.7 MyUKI has the right to provide an internship up to a maximum of two weeks before the internship starts. If MyUKI doesn´t succeed before this period, the deposit (where relevant) can be claimed back according to item 7.9 of these general conditions.
2.8 The search towards an internship and the use of personal custumer information is yet to be carried out after settling the deposit (where applicable).
2.9 An Internship Confirmation between student and company is to be signed after the confirmation by the applicant and the company, following the interview between student and host, and only when both parties are happy.
2.10 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, once the internship agreement is sent to the relevant student or the student is informed about this, MyUKI has now carried out the final stage of its mediation commitments and this service, including costs, will therefore be passed on to the student.
2.11 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, when the applicant uses the provided contact details of potential internship companies for his/her own benefit; for instance, by making an appointment about or with an internship company without notification of MyUKI or sharing contact details with others or other organizations, MyUKI has the right to pass on the costs of a completed internship mediation and caused damage to our image/reputation to the concerning costumer.
2.12 MyUKI cannot guarantee any Internship placement within a certain timeframe. External factors (such as available companies, flights, visa approval, etc.) prohibits us from being able to guarantee a specific date or timeframe. As such, the client agrees that MyUKI will not be held liable for any inconvenience or loss of income arising from a delayed matching or placement process. You acknowledge that any expected timeframe for placement given by us is indicative only and not binding.
2.13 No recruitment during the internship or when the internship has been finalised is permitted.
3. Change of Host Company
A 'Host Company' means a business or legal entity offering an Internship opportunity to the student.
Requests for a change of Host Company will only be considered under the following circumstances:
The Client has arrived and commenced their internship; AND one of the following occurs:
a) Sexual harassment or discrimination against the client;
b) Racial or religious vilification against the client;
c) Breach of Occupational Health and Safety regulations affecting the client;
d) Bankruptcy of the company before or at arrival of the client;
4. Change of the Internship start/end date
4.1 Requests by the client to postpone the start date of their Internship will only be granted if the Host Company agrees to the postponement;
4.2 The client agrees to notify MyUKI immediately if the internship ends prior to the agreed date on the signed Internship offer.
5. Code of Conduct
All Clients must adhere to the host companies Code of Conduct for the duration of their internship which includes (but is not limited to) the following:
5.1 The client will be punctual and adhere to the policies of the Host Company which may be set out verbally, in a staff handbook or provided through the course of training;
5.2 Requests for sick leave must be reported directly to the Client's Supervisor at the Host Company at the commencement of business on the day that leave is to be taken. Only messages by the client given over the phone will be accepted. Sick leave of 2 days or more must be accompanied by a medical certificate;
5.3 Any request for holidays or other leave must be made in writing to the host company and are subject to the approval of the host company.
5.4 The Client is not permitted to enter into any direct Employment Agreement with the Host Company;
5.5 The Client is not permitted to negotiate a salary or any other benefits with MyUKI or the Host Company, aside from the accommodation supplement and stipends that have been discussed and approved by both parties.
5.6 The Client will be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from his or her acts while taking part in the Program. The Client agrees to indemnify MyUKI, the Host Company, or any other party that may suffer loss by reason of the Client's conduct; As a Client you must be insured for any possible damage you can cause during your internship, as MyUKI is not responsible for this.
5.7 The Client must adhere to the Host Company's rules and company culture during business hours. The Client must behave in an orderly and professional manner at all times whilst participating in their internship. Any serious misconduct or breach of this Code of Conduct will result in the termination of the Internship and immediate dismissal from the Program. If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, no refund will be payable to the Client in that event and the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs will be duly notified. This notification may result in the cancellation of some visas.
6.1 The ‘Program’ means the services offered by the mediating company.
6.2 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, a deposit is required for acceptance onto the Program. MyUKI cannot commence the placement process until this deposit is received.
6.3 All bank fees levied in the client´s country or as a result of a transfer they initiate will be payable by the Applicant;
6.4 Changes in currency rates are non refundable.
6.5 MyUKI advices you to not book flights until you have received an internship.
7. Cancellations & Refunds
7.1 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, no refund will be payable for cancellations requested after issuance of the Internship offer by MyUKI to the client;
7.2 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, no refund will be payable for cancellations received after the commencement of the Internship procedure.
7.3 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, a full refund less administration fees of the Program deposit will be payable if MyUKI is unable to provide an Internship offer.
7.4 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, no refund will be payable for cancellations when an applicant fails to update MyUKI or answer MC’s e-mails.
7.5 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, any client that misleads MyUKI by providing wrong information relevant to the Internship may be removed from the Program. In this event no refund will be payable.
7.6 All cancellations requests must be received in writing by MyUKI.
7.7 Cancellation of the application because of changes in opinion, study or when credits are not obtained, does not count to be a valid reason for cancellation.
7.8 Cancellation of the application because of a valid reason is possible until one month before the start date of the internships, regarding to point 7.9.
7.9 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, when a student decides to cancel the application, the first installment (minus administration costs) will only be refunded when there is a valid reason (with proof) for this. Such reasons are for instance;
(i) An internship remains forthcoming.
(ii) Rejection of the internship by the educational institution for reasons MyUKI has been informed of.
(iii) Death of close relatives being first degree family members.
(iv) Serious injury or medical emergencies, such as an imminent operation, suffering from a broken leg etc…
7.10 MyUKI reserves the right to refuse your application for any reason whatsoever, without supplying such reasons. MyUKI also reserves the right to refuse your application or cancel your booking at any time in the event that you fail to complete the application process by
(a) not providing requested information within the acceptable timescale or
(b) in our reasonable opinion you fail to demonstrate sufficient interest in, or the necessary attributes for, either volunteering generally or your chosen placement, or
(c) have a criminal conviction for a serious offence or for one which is incompatible with your chosen placement or
(d) anything brought to our attention that in our opinion makes you unsuitable for your chosen placement.
7.11 If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, when the applicant cancels after confirming the internship, MyUKI reserves the right to invoice the applicant with the full program fee.
8.1 If the Individual wishes to make a complaint in relation to the Program, he/she shall bring the complaint to the attention of MyUKI, who shall use his/her best endeavours to resolve the complaint within a reasonable time.
8.2 If MyUKI is unable to resolve a serious complaint, and the Individual leaves the Program before the completion date, the Individual shall provide the Program Host with a written version of events.
9. Prices & Validity
MyUKI offers an option between a 'Free Service and a 'Paid Service'. If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, prices provided are for the program of the duration indicated only. MyUKI reserves the right to change prices from one program to the next. Prices do not include airfares, travel insurance, visa costs, excess baggage charges, transfers or airport taxes.
10.1 Responsibility for Travel. You agree, understand and acknowledge that you will be solely responsible for arranging and paying for your own travel, specifically including all airfare to and from the Host Country and local transportation. It is your responsibility to carry all necessary documents while you travel overseas. You agree that MyUKI will not be responsible for any supporting documents necessary or your travel needs or other purposes. You agree that MyUKI is not responsible for any airfare or for any other charges that may result from cancelling, changing or transferring flights or other arrangements which may result or occur as a result of your Placement and/or Project being revised, cancelled, terminated or otherwise modified due to unforeseen circumstances and/or any event and/or circumstances outside MyUKI control.
10.2 Please make sure that you have a valid ID card/ passport which is valid until at least 6 months after your planned return date. This is a stipulation made by most countries in the world. Having the correct passport or visa is your responsibility.
10.3 MyUKI transfers the Personal data you give us (including name, contact details, etc...) to our partners, staff and to your internship company where you will be potentially working. This is done for your best interests. We are also allowed to use your personal details for communication with other students.
11. Releases and Waiver of Liabilities
11.1 Assumption of personal risks. You hereby agree, understand and acknowledge that your agreement to travel to, temporarily live in and provide volunteer/client services on a project in a foreign host country necessarily involves a certain degree of hazards, inherently dangerous activities and personal risks to you, both foreseen and unforeseen, all of which are fully accepted by and solely assumed by you. In addition, you hereby fully and permanently release and forever discharge MyUKI from any and all liability for your personal injury, emotional injury, illness, disease, death, and/or property damage that may result or occur during your placement and/or the project period.
11.2 Release and waivers in favour of MyUKI. You hereby fully, permanently and irrevocably release, forever discharge and agree not to sue MyUKI, including any and all of its successors and assigns, its agents, managers, participants, applicants, members, employees, officers, directors, secretaries or representatives, and any country coordinators, volunteer coordinators, host families or other persons, entities, parties, organizations or agencies collaborating with MyUKI (collectively “released parties”), voluntarily and without duress, from any and all actions, suits, liability, claims, demands, losses, costs and/or causes of action for damages or other legal or equitable relief of any nature including, without limitation, claims for personal injury, emotional injury, Illness, disease, death, property damage or other losses, expenses and/or damages (collectively “claims”), which may hereafter arise from any cause whatsoever, Including, without limitation, that arising from your participation in any project or placement and/or any project, activity or event sponsored, managed, arranged, or Promoted by, or otherwise affiliated or associated with MyUKI, whether or not foreseeable or contributed to by the negligent acts or omissions of MyUKI or released parties.
11.3 Insurance. You agree, understand and acknowledge that MyUKI does not carry or maintain any health, medical, disability, damage or other liability insurance coverage for your benefit or for any other participants, and you hereby expressly release MyUKI from any responsibility or obligation to do so. You agree, understand and acknowledge that MyUKI strongly recommends that you obtain and maintain suitable insurance coverage on your behalf during the project period and that You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining such insurance.
11.4 Medical Treatment. You also hereby release and forever discharge the released parties from any and all claims whatsoever that may arise on account of any first aid or other medical treatment rendered during Your participation in any project or placement and/or any other project, activity or event sponsored, managed, arranged, or promoted by, or otherwise affiliated or associated with MyUKI and/or released parties.
11.5 When a legal procedure decides that MyUKI is responsible for a certain damage or claim, this responsibility will be limited to a maximum of the paid amount to MyUKI for the internship procedure.
11.6 The costumer is responsible for his/her own safety and health at all times. Please keep in mind that you are in another country and act with respect towards this country and the people. When inappropriate behaviour and misbehaviour occurs, MyUKI has the right to interfere and to pass on possible costs to the customer.
12.1 You agree to fully indemnify and hold MyUKI harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, costs, expenses, fees and damages arising out of or related to:
(i) any breach by you of this Agreement;
(ii) any damages, losses, personal injury, property damage, fines, assessments, fees or costs that are caused to or asserted against MyUKI as a result of Your actions, inaction or omissions; or
(iii) any contractual claim or other cause of action asserted against MyUKI as a result of Your conduct and/or Your failure to perform the volunteer/experiential services required hereunder
Specific conditions Internship Provider:
1. The search for a suitable internship according to the student’s descriptions, provided during the registration, will be carried out up to three times. If no match is found after communication between the student and three companies, no further placement procedure will be carried out.
2. The search for the internship is organized by our colleagues abroad and occurs based on education requirements and the concerning branch of study/education of the student. Requirements can be altered by passing these on to the regarding contact person on location. The offered internship cannot be refused based on requirements of the program that were not notified through written communication to Internship Provider.
3. Internship Provider sets a minimum of 1 month for finding an internship with a range of up to 3 months before the start of the internship.
4. In case of last-minute requests, whereby the procedure for finding an internship is shortened to <1 month, due to late registration or a delayed receipt of the deposit for the 'Paid Service', Internship Provider reserves at all times the right to retain the deposit as compensation for the work that has been done for the student during this last-minute period. The conditions regarding the cancellation mentioned under art. 11 do not apply for last-minute requests.
5. We start searching for an internship and send data of the customer only after the Registration form is submitted.
8. After finding a suitable internship and conducting interviews, an Internship Confirmation is drawn up between the company and the student.
9. After sending an Internship Confirmation of the business partner or the company to the student or a notification of it, the outstanding invoice payment for the internship will be drawn up and sent to return.
10. In the case of non-payment of the 'Paid Service', 150 Euros extra administrative costs will be charged, in addition to the outstanding amount. Should the outstanding payment, including the additional administrative costs, still not be met, a procedure for an external appeal (debt collection and legal procedure) with associated costs will begin. These associated costs will be added to the outstanding claims.
11. When a student decides to cancel the application for the 'Paid Service', the registration fee (minus administration costs) will only be refunded when there is a valid reason for it. Valid reasons include:
11.1 Cancellations UK & Ireland:
(i) An internship remains forthcoming.
(ii) Rejection of the internship by the educational institute for reasons mentioned during the registration (confirmation of the school/university required).
(iii) Death 1st and 2nd degree relative
12. Cancellation because the student has changed his/her mind, study or has an insufficient amount of credits, do not count as valid reasons for cancellation.
13. Cancellation with a valid reason, as mentioned in Art. 10 and 11, can take place up to one month before the indicated starting date of the internship, with the exception of Internship Provider being unable to find an internship.
14. Together with the student, Internship Provider sets a deadline. Before this final date, the internship must have been confirmed by the company. Up until this date, Internship Provider and their partner on-site have the opportunity to find an internship. The administrative process of the internship and of other documents can also take place after this date and will not affect the set deadline as it happens afterwards.
15. If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, when a signed internship contract is sent to the student or mention of it has been made, the mediating company has fulfilled its obligation in assisting with either (or all of but not limited to) the below and the costs of this service will be passed on to the student:
(i) CV writing/translating/adapting assistance
(ii) Assistance in securing accommodation with the host organisation
(iii) Assistance in arranging airport transport
(iv) Ensuring in securing an Internship Confirmation
(v) Mentorship, advice on internship, training, transport, visas etc…
16. Should the parties involved, with the exception of Internship Provider, provide contact information for potential internship companies for their own personal gain, (e.g. by making agreements without involving Internship Provider about an internship, or for marketing purposes, promotional activities and acquisition) or share this data with other people or organizations, Internship Provider has the right to charge the client for the costs of a complete internship mediation and gained reputation damage with a minimum of €1000. This also implies that activities like acquisition or recruiting other interns during the internship/graduate project are prohibited without prior written permission of Internship Provider.
17. Some services of Internship Provider require an input from the student and/or the educational institute. If this does not happen completely or not at all, it is not possible for Internship Provider to provide an optimal service. Internship Provider cannot be held responsible in any way for incomplete or failed services, if this is the result of the lack of input from the student. If a service cannot be delivered properly, because of lack of input from the student, the student will forfeit his/her right to a discount or a refund of the 'Paid Service'. In such case, the costs for the service will be charged to the student.
18. It is the responsibility of the student to arrange a visa (where necessary), accommodation (where not pre-arranged), insurances and air tickets, and ensuring their right to work in the relevant countries, though Internship Provider will only be able to advise but can not be held liable for the accuracy of their advice on visa requirements and the client’s right to work. Internship Provider can provide advice and assistance, but does not have any responsibilities nor obligations to do so, unless otherwise stated in writing.
19 MyUKI is limited to the administrative completion of the start-up phase of the internship. Our partner on location will contact you and will focus on the internship placement and the alignment with you about the internship. With regard to accommodation, MyUKI only provides information and does its best to negotiate a subsidised accommodation based on their partnerships and relationships to the hosts. Since MyUKI does not provide the accommodation, for further questions or comments about accommodation, you must direct that in writing to the host parties.
20. The student agrees with the communication, billing and automatic reminders through email.
21. The responsibility that billing by email actually arrives, lies with the student. He/she cannot appeal to any possible spam filters and/or no valid or correct billing email address and/or other possible causes for the non-arrival of the invoice.
22. If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, when an internship/graduation project has been found for the student and he or she decides to cancel without any valid reason, (see Art. 10 and 11 for valid reasons) Internship Provider has the right to charge additional expenses in addition to the deposit for cancellation and the work carried out, ranging from 150 euros up to the full amount of the internship package if the internship is already arranged.
23. If the 'Paid Service' is chosen, at the time of registration, Internship Provider reserves the right to charge the applicant for costs in case of cancellation or if erroneous information is provided by the applicant.
24. When a legal procedure decides that Internship Provider should bear responsibility, this responsibility will be limited to a maximum of the part of the invoice where the damage was suffered.
25. Students are responsible for their own safety and health at all times, keeping in mind that they are in another country and act respectfully towards this country and the people. In case of inappropriate behavior and misbehavior, Internship Provider has the right to interfere and to pass on possible costs to the student.
26. The information and advice provided by Internship Provider is based on the best possible and most current knowledge that Internship Provider has at the time of publishing. Since information or advice can be subjected to the input from third parties, Internship Provider can under no circumstances be held responsible for any errors that accompany this advice; in addition, one cannot derive any rights from this advice.